- 1 pound of jumbo lump crab meat
- 20 crushed Ritz or Saltine crackers
- 1 large beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of vegetable or canola oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges and arugula bed, for serving
- 2 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, egg, mustard, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and Old Bay seasoning.
- 2. In a medium bowl, lightly toss the crabmeat and crackers and fold in the mayonnaise mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- 3. Scoop the crab mixture and form into 8 small even patties about 1 1/2 inches thick or fewer larger ones (however you prefer). In a large deep skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the crab cakes and cook over moderately high heat until deeply golden brown and heated through about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the crab cakes to plates and serve with lemon wedges.