If cinnamon raisin bread and french toast had a baby, this would be it! An amazing dessert in this decadent skillet casserole is sure to be a hit!
Cin-ful Cast Iron Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
- 1/2 loaf cinnamon raisin bread (7 slices, such as Pepperidge Farm or SunMaid
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- /2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Spray a 12 inch cast-iron skillet with baking spray with flour. Cut the bread diagonally and arrange in the skillet in a circle, in an overlapping manner.
- In a bowl, whisk the milk, granulated sugar, eggs, melted butter, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, then the pecans. Pour the mixture over the bread. Cover with aluminum foil and keep refrigerated for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Bake covered for about 30 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Bake until puffed and set about 15-20 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream and confectioner’s sugar. Drizzle on top.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @haveucoveredinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #haveucoveredinthekitchen.