Sheet Pan Sausage, Peppers & Potatoes
This sausage, peppers and potato bake is an Italian comfort food classic. The smell alone will transport you to your childhood days. The best part? With just one sheet pan, cleanup is a breeze, your stovetop stays clean, you’ll have leftovers for days. Perfect for sandwiches on Italian bread or a meal by itself. A dish the whole family will love.
- 8-10 Italian uncased sliced sausage links, sweet or hot OR a combo of both
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into julienne strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into julienne strips
- 2 russet potatoes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 long hot pepper, sliced, optional
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2-3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a baking sheet. Place the uncased and sliced sausage pieces/chunks on the baking sheet.
- Bake the sausage alone for about 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peppers, onions, potatoes, long hot (if desired), garlic powder, salt, pepper and oil. Mix well with tongs or hands so that everything is coated throroughly.
- Remove the baking sheet containing the sausage from the oven and empty the contents of the pepper, onion and potato mixture, including the oil at the bottom, onto the baking sheet. Scatter it evenly among the sausage pieces and cook, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and potatoes are golden brown. Give it a toss in between while cooking. Garnish with parsley to serve if you wish, with or without Italian bread.